Chubby g2 latch issues

Let us know what you think about the new Backwoods Smoker Site. We have put a lot of time in to make it user friendly and informative for you, our customers. Let us know what you think of our effort!

Chubby g2 latch issues

Postby Jbear1919 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:42 pm

My new chubby g2 has issues with latches! Both doors from firebox and cook chamber don't shut tightly and if you don't watch it latch to fire box will randomly pop open the door! Most backwoods I have been around you have to slam them to shut, not mine I can pull on top of the door not even lath and it will open! Any idea who I need to contact about it, or have there been anyone else experiencing these issues
Jbear1919

Re: Chubby g2 latch issues

Postby RickC » Tue May 13, 2014 1:27 am

This might have been a quality escape from the factory or your seals have compressed quite a bit since you got your smoker. Unless Mike has changed vendors on the latches they are all adjustable. Look on smoker side of the assembly, not the handle that is on the door. There is one screw on the side of the striker that is in a horizontal position, it's the slotted screw so it takes a common screwdriver or as we southern folks call, a flat blade screwdriver. Loosen this screw and slide the striker portion of the latch in a little ways. This will make the door latch farther closed than it was. Don't forget to tighten the screw after each adjustment.
Rick
Administrator, Backwoods Smoker Forum
"I carry a gun, 'cause a Cop is to [sic] heavy"
RickC
Site Admin

Re: Chubby g2 latch issues

Postby RickC » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:10 am

Jbear1919, wondering if you got your latch problem worked out?
Rick
Administrator, Backwoods Smoker Forum
"I carry a gun, 'cause a Cop is to [sic] heavy"
RickC
Site Admin

Return to Let us know what you think!